AND ASSOCIATES, INC.
URBAN CONSULTANTS MEMORANDUM
To: Doug Collister, Dick Elkins, Pam Scanlon
From: Lawrence Kline
Date: July 3,1992
Re: Transmittal of "Issues, Impacts, and Mitigations"
Herewith an attempt to recompile the "Planning a Community" and Comprehensive Plan Compliance" sections of the present draft into a unit as desired by the Planning Division.
1. It opens with a "project setting" section as requested.
2. Pages 2-15 are the previous planning goals, compliance, water harvesting, re-vegetation, etc, etc
materials as appeared before.
Please note that underlined sections indicate new material and.strikethrus indicate deleted material.
Noto Bene: On page 41 have taken a first stab at creating a "land-use allocation table". This responds
to a specific question on the DPM checklist. I do not like its implications.
3. From page 16 on, we have extracted the meat of the traffic, air quality, drainage and utility sections
to summarize impacts and describe mitigations. As we all know, getting money seems to be the thrust
of all the public works folks, so some statements are made in these sections concerning financial
4. MME and I did discover i n the course of reviewing the drainage section that a nomenclature
problem had crept in - hence there is some new material clarifying the drainage concept which will
have to be correlated with the concept plan map.
5. Some material MME has prepared in answer to Water Utilities DRB comments is also attached
at his request.
We are scheduled to review all of this at 8:00 AM Tuesday at the Academy.
500 Marquette NW Suite 350 • P.O. Box 2001 • Albuquerque New Mexico, 87103 • Tel. 505-842-6461-FAX 505-842-6471